Teaching Practice - Primary School Placement Reflection
• Time management - come up with a
plan and then throw it out the window
as nothing will ever go according to
plan. Hour and a half feels like ten
• Prep lessons so that they are clearly
understood by everyone. Saves from
going around explaining it every five
• Prepare class with materials and
newspaper on tables before class
begins. Saves time!
• A few students were challenging. But
kept them working on their art.
• So much fun, didn’t feel like hard work
at all! The hard work is prepping for a
class but when everything goes well
and the students are happy, it feels
• Mr. Dillon was very helpful, as were the
assistant teachers. Students were
enthusiastic and loved a challenge...
and the mess!
• Seeing the student’s creative output
during the class was inspiring.
Teaching the frustrated few to see the
positives in their own drawings when
they give up, can be rewarding.